Here are 47 Suggestions and Ideas to Make Your Home Sell Faster
When selling a home, it is important to have the house show its best. Remember, a first impression is a lasting impression and we want to make sure the house shows its best from the get go. Cleaning, Staging, and De-cluttering are some important things to do. Below find some suggestions that can be done in each room.
Related Article: How to sell your home in 10 days
Things to do Throughout the House
- Open the curtains, pull up the shades, and let the sunlight in.
- Create a positive mood. Turn on all the lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
- Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
- If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating
- Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times.
- Replace any carpets that don’t clean up well
- Have a family “game plan” to get the home cleaned up and in order quickly if necessary.
- Air out your home for one-half hour before showings, if possible
- Lightly spray the house with air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyer arrives
- Put your family photos in storage
- Improve the traffic flow through every room by removing unnecessary furniture
- Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing any large obstacles
- Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls
- Paint all interior walls a neutral color to brighten the home and make it look bigger
- Repair or replace an loose or damaged wallpaper
- Clean all light bulbs and light fixtures to brighten the home
- Wash all windows inside and out
- Use plants in transitional areas of your house
- Make the most of your attic’s potential
- Remove and/or hide excess extension cords and exposed wires
- Open doors to areas you want potential buyers to see such as walk-in closets, pantries, attics, etc.
- Remove all smoke and pet odors
- Repair or replace banisters and handrails
Related Article: Five Important Winter Maintenance Tips for your Home
In the Kitchen
- Microwave a small dish of vanilla twenty minutes before a showing and place it in and out-of-the-way place
- Highlight an eat-in area in your kitchen with a table set for dinner
- The kitchen and bathrooms should always be spotlessly clean
- Expand your counter space by removing small appliances and putting them away
In the Bedrooms
- Create a master suite effect in your decorating
- Depersonalize bedrooms and decorate in a neutral scheme
- Make sure that the beds are made and the linens are clean
- Organize your closets, remove unnecessary items and put them in storage
Related Article: 10 Ways to Make Your Home Irresistible at an Open House
In the Bathrooms
- Do not leave towels around and wipe down the sinks and shower areas after each use
- Re-caulk the tub if the caulk is not sparkling white
- Repair or replace broken tiles in the shower/tub
- Replace shower curtains and keep them clean
- Put out fresh towels and decorative soaps
- Keep the yard mowed and raked at all times
- Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkway, and patio
- Remove all toys, bicycles, tools, unsightly patio furniture, and trash from the yard
- Porches, steps, verandas, balconies, patios, and other extensions of the house should be kept uncluttered, swept, and in good condition
- Paint all entrance doors
- Make sure the garage door opens easily. Fix and paint the garage door if necessary
- Clean and shine all hardware and accessories indoors and out (door knobs, knockers, lamps, mail box, address numbers, etc)
- Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and pruned
- Purchase a new doormat
- Be sure the front doorbell is in good working order
- Be sure the front door and screen door works perfectly
If you would like some in person advise to help, feel free to Just Call The Pro’s!
For more tips and tricks, be sure to visit our Seller Resources page
Homes We Have SOLD!
We Would Be Happy To Add Yours To The Map!